The Lodge at Giants Ridge is a privately owned resort hotel located in the heart of the Giants Ridge Recreation Area in Biwabik, Minnesota. The 67-unit condotel serves alpine and cross-country skiing and snowmobiling enthusiasts in winter and golfers, mountain bikers and ATVers in the spring, summer, and fall. In this position you will operate the maintenance department to make sure the resort and individual guest units are functioning properly to provide a great guest experience. This position reports directly to the owners of the commercial property.
- Ensure hotel operations comply with licensing, health department regulations, and safety laws.
- Plan short and long-term maintenance and repair activities with property owners.
- Perform and manage regular maintenance activities for HVAC equipment, hot water supply, pool, spa, restaurant equipment, grounds, and building interior/exterior.
- Troubleshoot facility issues and assess repair needs in conjunction with outside service providers.
- Specify purchasing of equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Train and direct junior maintenance staff.
- Organize, prioritize, and oversee job tasks and time tracking by maintenance staff.
- Interact with guests to address urgent in-room maintenance requests.
- Create and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly maintenance procedures and checklists.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience managing/supervising and motivating staff
- Experience sourcing suppliers/vendors and working with outside service providers to complete maintenance, repairs, and renovation projects
- Experience with HVAC equipment in large buildings
- Plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and/or painting experience
- Boiler license a plus, but training will be provided as necessary
- Certified pool operator a plus, but training will be provided as necessary
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends
- On call responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license
Salary and Benefits
- $45-$60K depending upon experience
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance